Announcement 3/15

Dear parents and students,

Since everything happened so fast and suddenly, I didn't realize that last Saturday was the last time we met in this spring semester. According to NCS's requirement, we will have no school in the rest of this semester. However, I still want you to review all the knowledge that we learned in the past few weeks. We learned chapter 1-4, and you can continue to learn chapter 5-6 independently because chapter 5 is about colors, and chapter 6 is about family member and how to describe people's appearance. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me. You can email me or text me in our group chat. For the grammar part, we learned several basic Chinese grammar rules such as statements, questions, active and passive voice, double-object sentences, and three different tenses including past tense, present tense, as future tense. The notes can be found in the group chat or my blog as well.

Last week we learned two types of questions (actually the second one is a variant of the first type). Now I want to introduce the rest two types to you. The third one is called A or B question. For example, the sentence "Do you like dumplings or buns", if we want to translate it into Chinese, we can say "你喜欢饺子还是包子?". Another example, "Today is Monday or Tuesday?" Means "今天是星期一还是星期二?". "Is he Japanese or Korean" can be translated into "他是日本人还是韩国人?" The main structure of this type is still a statement, but you should put "...还是..." into the sentence. The grammar feature is "S+V+O1+还是+O2".

The last type is more complicated. As beginners, you don't need to know this type. Please try to use all the grammar rules we learned to make fancy sentences as many as you can. Meanwhile, do not forget to use the new vocabulary we learned in class.

Here's a useful link for learning Chinese grammar:
https://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/Beginner_Guide_to_Chinese_Grammar

Thank you for being in my class. I really enjoy the time of staying with all of you. You always brought a lot of happiness and energy to my life, which always reminded me of my high-school life. Sometimes I felt like you are my friends rather than only my students.

Take care. Stay safe and well!

Warm and best wishes from your sincere,
Tianyi

评论

此博客中的热门博文

NSCCSL-TEENS-WELCOME TO MY CLASS

NCSCSL1-Teens-8/24

NCSCSL-TEENS-11/02